About Dr. Cha
Devotion in his work
Dr. Cha is completely committed to his craft. In 1993 he received a Doctorate in Dental Surgery from the University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry. As he began practice, his dream was to become a world-class cosmetic dentist. It was a bit of a bumpy road for him to start with, and there is an interesting story behind his deciding to name his practice, Hope Restorative and Cosmetic Dentistry. You can read about that by clicking here.
He continues to learn and hone his skills in his field. His postgraduate studies have included: advanced training in All-Ceramic Restoration Systems, Surgical and Prosthetic Implant Residency Program from the Misch International Implant Institute, and accreditation with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. Dr. Cha is also a founder of the Oklahoma Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
Devotion in his personal life
Dr. Cha is married with two children and is a practicing Christian. “My life revolves around serving our Lord,” Dr. Cha said. He volunteers at his local church and does what he can to serve his local community.
In providing service, he has tried to learn to not be judgmental. A recent experience brought that home for him. He became acquainted with a woman who was finally released from prison after having received a life sentence for drug trafficking and other crimes. Her hard life had taken a toll on her teeth and she needed a lot of dental work. But it turns out that while in prison, she had decided to reform her life. She accepted Christ and began making changes in her life, so much so that this was the reason she was released from prison early. Having been released, she started a women’s ministry. She was afraid, however, that the damage to her smile was detracting from the gospel message she wanted to share with other women. Dr. Cha got to know her and decided to do what he could to help. He ended up giving her a full mouth restoration. It brought him great joy to watch her smile transform, especially knowing she was using that to further minister to hurting and struggling women.
Dr. Cha also needs some “downtime.” He is an amateur photographer, and his subjects reflect the tranquility of his soul. You can see some of his work on Flickr under Jerome Cha.
The following is a sample of his credentials and memberships:
- BA, DDS, 1993 Graduate of University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry
- Member, American Dental Association
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry- Accredited Member
- Written Examination Committee for American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Fellow of International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Only certified TeethXpress provider in Oklahoma
- Misch International Implant Institute Prosthetic Residency
- Misch International Implant Institute Surgical Residency
- 2010 Recipient of Pierre Fauchard Award for excellence in the science and medicine of dentistry
- Oklahoma Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (Vice-President 2004-2005)
- Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation
- Medical College of Georgia / IV Sedation Certification
- Oklahoma Dental Association
- Tulsa County Dental Society
- A guest speaker at 26th International Conference on Dental Treatment in Vienna, Austria
- A guest speaker at 32nd Korean Academy of Esthetic Dental Conference in Seoul, Korea
- Presenter at 31st American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry’s Scientific Session in San Francisco, CA
- Published articles in; Contemporary Esthetics & Restorative Practice 11/2007
- Journal of Cosmetic Dentistry 2009
- Journal of Cosmetic Dentistry 2019
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry’s Virtual Campus Educator.