About Dr. Cha
Devotion in his work
Dr. Cha is completely committed to his craft. He has been in dental practice since 1993 when he received a Doctorate in Dental Surgery from the University of Oklahoma, College of Dentistry. He continued, and still continues, to learn and hone his skills in his field. His postgraduate studies included: advanced training in All-Ceramic Restoration Systems, Surgical and Prosthetic Implant Residency Program from the Misch International Implant Institute. Dr. Cha is also a founder of Oklahoma Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
The following is just a sample of his credentials and memberships:
- DDS, 1993 Graduate of University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry- Accredited Member
- Written Examination Committee for American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Fellow of International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Only certified TeethXpress provider in Oklahoma
- Misch International Implant Institute Prosthetic Residency
- Misch International Implant Institute Surgical Residency
- 2010 Recipient of Pierre Fauchard Award for excellence in the science and medicine of dentistry
- Oklahoma Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (Vice-President 2004-2005)
- Dental Orgainization for Conscious Sedation
- Medical College of Georgia / IV Sedation Certification
- Oklahoma Dental Association
- Tulsa County Dental Society
Devotion in his personal life
Dr. Cha is married with two children and is a devout student of Christianity. “My life revolves around serving our Lord,” Dr. Cha said. It is very important to him to maintain integrity and service in all his dealings-including his professional life. He volunteers at his local church and serves his local community. He tries to do charitable work both by partnering with local organizations and by quietly helping someone behind the scenes.
He recently had an opportunity to help a woman, who was released from prison after receiving a life sentence for drug trafficking. While in prison, she heard the gospel and accepted Christ. She had made so many incredible changes in her life that she was let out of prison early. Now that she is out of prison, she has continued to live a reformed life and has started a women’s ministry. However, all those years in prison had taken their toll on her mouth and smile. She needed a lot of work done. She was also afraid the damage to her smile was detracting from the gospel message she wanted to share with other women. Hearing of her plight, Dr. Cha wanted to help, and gave her a full mouth restoration. It has brought him great joy to watch her smile transform, especially knowing she was using that to further minister to hurting and struggling women.
Dr. Cha also needs some “down time”. He is a marvelous amateur photographer, and his subjects reflect the tranquility of his soul. You can see some of his work on Flickr under Jerome Cha.